Director of Communications
We are seeking applicants to serve as Student Government's Director of Communication (DoC) for the 2016-2017 school year. The DoC is an important role that serves in the Cabinet and works with the Executive Slate to strengthen SG's connection with students. Some of the responsibilities of the Director of Communications include:
- Management of SG communication platforms, including social media accounts, websites, listhosts, and our newsletter
- Development of strategies to better connect with students and generate awareness of SG initiatives and services
- Creating communications and messaging plans for new SG initiatives and opportunities
- Oversight of a graphic designer and photographer to assist in the creation of communication materials such as flyers or web graphics
- Assisting the College and Graduate Councils with outreach and event advertisement
Experience with MailChimp, Squarespace, and Facebook Ads or similar platforms is desired, but not required. A demonstrated commitment to improving student life would be looked upon favorably; creativity, independent thinking, and a love for data are necessary. The expected workload should be five to ten hours per week. To apply, prepare responses to the following two questions and submit them, along with a resume, by Sunday, July 3rd at 11:59 PM. Resumes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Director of Communications resume."
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.