Director of Finance
We are seeking applicants to serve as Student Government's Director of Finance (DoF) for the 2016-2017 school year. The DoF is an important role that works with the Executive Slate to oversee and manage the SG budget. Some of the responsibilities of the Director of Finance include:
- Continuing the development of a centralized accounting system for all SG funds
- Overseeing and advising the chairs of all SG funding bodies (SGFC, CAT, CSF, PCC, SCF, and UF) and working to establish and standardize reporting measures across funds
- Track the disbursement of funds and work to produce regular reports on allocations made and advising future allocation trends
- Publishing reports to help increase transparency on funding practices for student body
- Seeking out cost-saving methods and other efficiency improvements
- Filing purchase orders, reimbursement requests, and other financial documents as needed, with the support of the SG secretary
Experience with financial management is appreciated (although all are welcome to apply). A demonstrated commitment to improving student life would be looked upon favorably; creativity, responsibility, and self-motivation are required. The expected workload should around ten hours per week. To apply, prepare responses to the following two questions and submit them, along with a resume, by Sunday, July 3rd at 11:59 PM. Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject "Director of Finance resume."
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.