Update: The position has now been filled. Thanks to all of our applicants!
We are seeking someone to fill a new role for the 2014-2015 school year, Director of Finance (DoF). The DoF will be an important, executive-level position that will serve in the Cabinet and report directly to the President and Vice President for Administration (VPA). Some of their responsibilities will include:
- Help manage SG's $2 million budget (spreadsheets, blueprint, etc)
- File financial documents (purchase orders, reimbursement requests) in a timely manner
- Prepare reports, publish financial information online
- Seek out cost-saving methods
- Measure the impact of different parts of budget
- Work with the President and VPA on a number of long- and short-term projects related to the budget
A background in (i.e. not necessarily majoring in, but experience with) economics or statistics is appreciated. A demonstrated commitment to improving student life would be looked upon favorably; creativity, responsibility, and self-motivation are required. The expected workload should be, at most, five hours per week, with a smaller amount of work expected over the summer. Some compensation is possible. To apply, send a resume and responses to the following two questions to Tyler Kissinger, SG President, at email@example.com by 11:59:59PM Friday, June 20th.
- Why are you interested in serving as the Director of Finance for Student Government? What skills do you have that make you qualified for the position?
- Student Government, with its $2+ million annual budget, funds virtually every student group on campus, from the Major Activities Board to Chess Club, in addition to providing a number of services including the NY Times Readership Program and quarterly airport shuttles. What is a new, innovative way we could use our money to support student life?
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out for any reason.